Monday, April 4, 2011

For the Love of Jam

There's one thing I always seem to really miss when I travel. Jam. There's something utterly delicious and homey about that good old-fashioned jam that you can pick up at almost any Canadian farmer's market. For me, it's a comfort food that I crave every time I go overseas.

If Bobbles and Uncle Gary ever joined the dark side, I think they'd be jam bandits.

I few days ago, I was ravenous and the only thing that could seem to satisfy me was thick cuts of a fresh baguette heaped with spoonfuls of sticky jam. Unfortunately, I had to settle for store-bought jam instead of some lovely home-made concoction, but still it was so jammy and good...and so simple and so divine.

I know I can find good baguettes in Vietnam, but I wonder if I can find good jam there. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment