Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cute and disturbing.

It's been a crazy ten days. The program manager is visiting from Ottawa so we (the seminar coordinators) have brought her down south to show her our field sites. This has meant a lot of travel packed into too few days. It's been Hanoi-Saigon-Tra Vinh-Saigon-Phan Thiet-Mui Ne-Saigon-Hanoi. Yikes. I feel exhausted and stressed out by the amount of work that still lays ahead of us.

On another note, my favourite quote of the week comes from a Vietnamese student...

"Vietnamese students are loved because they are cute and disturbing."

Speaking of disturbing, check out the creature below that landed on my pillow the other night as I was working on my laptop. It took at least 5 vigorous whacks to bring this beast down. It was a super bug. Super big, super armoured and super scary. I fear that by killing it, I may have unwittingly started some man-vs-bug war...surely these bugs will be the victors. And I can't even hide under my pillow.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty gross Brar... reminds me of all the skeetos I tried to kill today at work. I can only imagine what that thing would sound like if it flew into your ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and gross. We're constant companions.

    ReplyDelete